Energy Saver has updated web site, blog, and social media presence. Aimed at helping you save money and energy, Energy Saver has been offering ideas on ways to fuel economy practices, renewable power options, and ways to prepare your home for the winter months. Some of the information is practical advice, while others are about the why behind this whole effort.
Why are we doing this?
- It’s something everyone needs to know. People cannot make lifestyle changes and informed, energy efficient choices if its importance is not explained. Understanding why choices matter encourages and enables people to make good choices.
- Technology advancement and adoption needs public support. Things like solar panels for homes, wind farms, and electric vehicles need a market. Markets don’t just happen—they need to be developed by helping buyers understand the benefits of energy efficiency and renewable energy.
- It sounds like hard work but it’s just a series of steps. Much like trying to improve one’s health, becoming more energy efficient is about lifestyle adjustments. Getting used to turning off lights and lowering the thermostat isn’t glamorous or exciting, but small changes add up—and getting into the habit of being energy efficient is more than half the battle.
- Saving energy is not about sacrifice or doing without. It is about being able to do more, with more – more savings and more comfort
- You can do it! That’s the most important thing.
Go ahead and make those small changes. You’ll see that you don’t have to go on an energy “diet;” you just have to adjust your lifestyle a little here and there. You’ll be glad you did.